This 4-day Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) skills training workshop aims to recognise the expertise of people who have a deep understanding of outcomes-based assessment in general & of the complexities concerning the legislature & implementation of RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) policies & practices, in particular. Such people are able to promote an awareness of RPL-related issues & provide RPL advice & support, at a systems & strategic level, to a range of people/bodies, including assessors, moderators, evidence facilitators, assessment designers, teachers, trainers, managers, organisations, institutions, companies & enterprises.
It also embraces practitioners who are required to design, develop & implement assessment for any instructional offering which is part of an accredited Higher Education (HE) programme.
Our experienced facilitators provide practical hints and tips and share lessons gained, during the facilitation of this workshop.
NB: Please note that the pre-requisite for enrolment on this RPL Advisor skills training workshop, is that the learner is already registered as an Assessor and Moderator?
This skills training workshop is aligned to the following Unit Standards:
ID 116587 – Develop, support and promote RPL practices, NQF Level 7, 10 Credits
ID 117874 – Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities, NQF Level 5, 6 Credits
ID 14297 – Design, develop and implement assessment of learning in Higher Education (HE) and Training, NQF Level 7, 20 Credits
Upon successful completion of the learning programme, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the conceptual underpinnings and purposes of RPL
- Investigate current RPL practice and opportunities in an organisation or sector
- Develop RPL policies, procedures and plans for an organisation
- Provide RPL advice and support
- Promote RPL practices
- Identify and analyse learner needs
- Prepare and review an individual development plan
- Provide guidance to learners
- Maintain records of learner needs and guidance provided
- Evaluate services provided
- Determine the purpose(s) of assessment and articulate competences which are to be assessed
- Determine an assessment strategy and plan assessment activities
- Implement assessment, evaluate and judge assessment evidence
- Record, report assessment and provide feedback to candidates
Reflect on the assessment process and evaluate the competencies against which assessment was carried out
The public skills workshops will be facilitated on the following dates:
- 8 – 11 July
- 9 – 12 September
- 4-7 November
Cost Per Learner
R 4, 840.00 per learner, plus VAT @ 15% (i.e. R 5, 566.00 per learner, inclusive of VAT).
This price includes: Attendance on the 4-day training as well as the learning material / Review of learners’ assignments / Assessment and Moderation of learners’ Portfolios of Evidence which will be conducted by VeryCoolIdeas, as well as endorsement and certification.